Profile Picture

Use of HTTPS in mail server Site

Posted By george76 5 days ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)Supreme Being (118 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Hi to all.
We use the address: mail.domain.gr for our mail server. So now i want to enable the password change in the imailand so, i need to use a HTTPS Site for this.
How can i change the "mail.domain.gr" to see the https:\\mail.domain.gr? Is this only a change to the IIS? I already have creat a SSlcertificate in the Tools of the iMail (SSL Certificate)

Any help will be apreciate

Bye...
Mike Barber
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted 5 days ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)Time Traveler (665 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Since the Web Client is hosted in IIS - yes you would need to add a SSL Cert in IIS and add a HTTPS binding to the site IClient runs under.
If you have already purchased a SSL certificate from a CA for IMail you can use the "IMail SSL Certificate Utility (Beta)" to convert from the IMail certificate format to the format IIS accepts.

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc