Profile Picture

Imail 12.5.6 Upgrade

Posted By adam24 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Guru

Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)Forum Guru (53 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I see 12.5.6 has been out about 6 weeks. Has anyone make the jump from 12.5.x to 12.5.6 recently? Any issues?

Thanks!
Edited
Last Year by adam24
Noelboy
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

This may not be related to the update but we've had a recurrence of an old problem that had previously died down (didn't go away completely but was less frequent).
Our IMAP users will randomly loose the top email in their Inbox when changing folder and returning to the Inbox. It's not every time they do it and logs show no sign of the delete -the top email just disappears from all mail devices they use.
Prior to 12.5.6 this was happening maybe once a week to each user. Now for the last few months users are reporting this multiple times a day. I also see the IMAP service crashing and restarting in the server logs as well.
I cant 100% say this is all down to the update as it could just be coincidental it's got worse recently
Chema
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supreme Being

Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)Supreme Being (114 reputation)

The truth is that I recently updated from 12.5.3.93 to 12.5.5 and we had many problems with the IMAP, in the end we had to go down to 2.5.3.93.

Now I was thinking about updating to 12.5.6, but after reading your message I'm going to weigh it.

Before doing the update I will consult with the support team.
BOUTYM
Posted 6 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Months Ago
I upgraded about a week ago and since then have a user with an iPhone that doesn't receive new emails.  He removes the account on the iPhone and sets it up fresh and it will show all new emails.  A day or two later it stops showing new emails again and he has to remove the account from the phone and set it up again.
Mud Crab
Posted 5 Months Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)Junior Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
Upgraded there recently also and biggest issue is the POP3d32.exe process chews alot more CPU now.

Server total CPU average would have been around 10% previously but now sits at around 40% with the POP3 process the cause.

Would be nice to see a seperation also of the TLS settings for incoming / outgoing mail.
We've TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 disabled for incoming mail for compliance reasons but would be good to be able to enable it for outgoing connections.
Or be able to whitelist domains that only support Early-TLS (or even SSLv3 in some cases..shudder).
Edited
5 Months Ago by Mud Crab