Profile Picture

Corrupted MBX?

Posted By BOUTYM Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)Time Traveler (268 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Have a user with about a years worth of emails in her inbox (the past year), but her MBX file is over 7 GB and I know the emails she has can't possibly add up to this large.  I'm thinking that perhaps there's a corruption problem because the mailbox splitter utility will error saying it can't open the MBX file as soon as it creates the first -01 file.  Any ideas on how to determine exactly what's going on here?
Mike Barber
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
In the utilities pack there is a Mailbox Reporter utility that might shed some light on this. I do not know if it is capable of opening a mailbox that large though.

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc