Profile Picture

Exchange Active Sync does not appear to be working

Posted By twofourniner82 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've recently installed IMail Server 12.5.5.115 and am attempting to get Exchange Active Sync working with it.
On the server I can see it is enabled and licensed for 25 users. I have my own account enabled for that feature in order to test.

I try to configure it on my iPhone 5S as shown here:

http://docs.ipswitch.com/_Messaging/IMailServer/v11/Mobile/MobileSync.pdf

however I keep receiving a "Unable to verify account information" when I hit "next" on the iPhone to complete the setup.

I know I have the correct server IP and other info including my username and password. Windows Firewall on the server is off for the internal network and I'm trying to connect via the internal network, not externally.

If anyone has ideas on how I can get this working please let me know. Thanks!

Mike Barber
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)Time Traveler (648 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Check your SyncXXXXX.log file It should have more info on why the validation is failing.

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc
twofourniner82
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)Forum Member (31 reputation)

Thanks for your reply Mike. 

Where would this file be located? It doesn't seem like I have a log file called that anywhere.
I did a search and didn't come up with anything with a name similar to that.

twofourniner82
This post has been flagged as an answer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

After some digging around today I discovered it was trying to use an SSL cert when I don't have one.
Good to go. Thanks.