Profile Picture

Here we go again with the damn spam issues

Posted By BOUTYM 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Months Ago
All of a sudden yet again we're getting boat loads of spam that is not being flagged.  This is SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!!  I go through this seems like every month.  I've talked to support, the antispam people, nobody seems to know why this keeps happening.  My customers with Barracuda's don't have this issue ever, nor do those with other spam filters.  Only this damn anti-spam subscription with IMail.
beetlejuice
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)Time Traveler (255 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I don't use the IMail spam solution mainly because I don't want my email server to have to deal with every message sent its way, of which about 90% is spam.
That's why we use an external spam filtering service.  There are quite a few and many are very reasonable.
That being said, all will let SOME spam through every so often.
Just Google "Hosted Spam Filter"
JimBinCT
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)Time Traveler (299 reputation)

CYREN does a pretty good job for us with true SPAM. However, it is very unreliable with "grey" mail. I have my system set to move Bulk email to an account that I can review to make sure legit mail doesn't get through. It captures a lot of it, but it also captures a lot of legit postmaster replies and vacation messages. 

I use incoming rules to block domains, but for some reason it doesnt work consistently even though I look through the headers and find the actual sender domains. I wonder if it because I have dozens of domains in each rule. 

I also still use Declude with a number of blacklists to filter out some mail. 

-Jim
Linda Pagillo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

Hi Boutym. Declude is a great solution for filtering out spam that some of the other filters do not catch. My company, Mail's Best Friend, owns Declude and we provide it to anyone who wants it 100% FREE of charge and it integrates with IMail very well. If you want to grab a copy and try it, you can download it from our website at http://mailsbestfriend.com/downloads. Again, Declude is 100% free, so I'm not trying to sell you anything. I would just like to help you out. Take care!

Linda Pagillo

Mail's Best Friend

Email: linda.pagillo@mailsbestfriend.com

Web: www.mailsbestfriend.com

Office: 703.988.3605 x7016
BOUTYM
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Months Ago
Thanks for the suggestion.  I've been looking at Declude for a while, but haven't gotten a chance to try it out.
Linda Pagillo
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)Forum Newbie (6 reputation)

When you are ready to give it a try, please give me a shout. I will be happy to set it up and configure it for you. Thanks!

Linda Pagillo

Mail's Best Friend

Email: linda.pagillo@mailsbestfriend.com

Web: www.mailsbestfriend.com

Office: 703.988.3605 x7016