Profile Picture

Host name change for IM

Posted By BOUTYM 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Months Ago
I'm needing to change the host name for the IM client to something other than mail.mydomain.com, but I don't see how this can be done.  For the server name I'm forced to use mail.mydomain.com, but I need to be able to change it to something like im.mydomain.com because I need to split up the routing in my firewall and start using something other than mail.mydomain.com.  Is there a way to make the IM client connect with a host name other than 'mail'?
Edited
4 Years Ago by BOUTYM
Mike R.
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Easiest way, export the registry keys, do a find/replace when you edit a copy of the exported reg file.  BUT , the name MUST resolve in DNS otherwise the users will get the "Login attempt 1.........3..........6...................19......."

Mike R.
Ipswitch IMail
http://support.ipswitch.com
Visit and see our new knowledgebase!