Profile Picture

Two companies viewing all IM users

Posted By BOUTYM 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)Time Traveler (269 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Months Ago
I have an IMail customer that has two domians. They would like to be able to see all their IM users from both domains in the same IM interface, but I have yet to figure out how to do this.
Mike Barber
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
IIM will only show the users for the current domain when using IMail as the authentication database. I do not know of a way to override this behavior.

The only "workaround" I can think of is for users to add the other domain's users to their Personal Contacts list, I know this would be a painful procedure.

Or you could combine the two IMail domains into one and set Host Aliases to accept mail for both domains.

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc
Mike R.
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)Time Traveler (1.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Currently they can add (manually) to their own buddy list and the users from the other domain will show there. Or you can (manually) add to the Public contact list. No way to do it automatically.

Mike R.
Ipswitch IMail
http://support.ipswitch.com
Visit and see our new knowledgebase!