Profile Picture

List of messages

Posted By makhin 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
1) Can you give some example How can use IMailAPI_NET to read user email folder. So I need to connect to IMail server get list of user folders, and then get list of messages for each folder.

2) I have server with IMail, but I want to run .NET program with IMailAPI_NET from other computer. How I need to set up environment to run my program?
makhin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)Forum Member (28 reputation)

I asked this question to support. Because we have bought support for this product. Supports offered ask on forum. It took two weeks. Anybody did not reply on my question.

What does it mean? Why I cannot get support for Imail server?
Edited
5 Years Ago by makhin
Mike Barber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
http://forums.ipswitch.com/FindPost64957.aspx shows how to access basic information for users mailboxes. Can you be more specific as to the type of information you are attempting to retrieve so I can provide an example?

Running an application that uses our API from a machine without IMail installed on it will not work. You might need to create a web service that can run on the Mail server that your app then uses to retrieve the information remotely. Can you be more specific as to what you are attempting to do?

Also, what version of IMail are you using?

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc
makhin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

We are using IMail 12.2

And I am trying to get list of messages (subject and body) for user from some domain.

Mike Barber
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
To accomplish what you want IMailAPI_NET, isn't the best way to go. When we rewrote the web client for IMail 12.0 we also developed a new API for it that focuses on client functionality. IMailAPI_NET is still "the way to go" for administrative tasks like manipulating users and host/system settings.

Ipswitch.Messaging.Framework is the new API we developed, you can use it by adding a reference to Ipswitch.Messaging.Framework.dll in the IMail installation directory. (Make sure the Target framework is .NET Framework 4 in your project settings)

With that you can use this sample to get the information you need. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using Ipswitch.Messaging.Framework;

using Ipswitch.Messaging.Framework.Mail;

namespace DemoApp

{

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

MessagingSystem system = new MessagingSystem();

// To get one host by name use

// system.Hosts.Get("yourhost.com")

foreach (Host host in system.Hosts)

{

Console.WriteLine(host.HostName);

Console.WriteLine();

// To get one user by name use

// host.Users.Get("userid")

foreach (User user in host.Users)

{

Console.WriteLine(user.UserId);

Console.WriteLine();

// To get a collection of all email folders use

// user.Folders.GetAll<EmailFolder>()

EmailFolder inbox = user.Folders.Get<EmailFolder>("Inbox");

foreach (Email message in inbox.Items)

{

Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}", message.Subject, message.Body.Plain.Substring(0, 20));

}

}

}

}

}

}

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc
makhin
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Thanks. will try