Profile Picture

problem with running webservice on IIS (IMail 12.2)

Posted By i-Kirby 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,

I have IMail server 12.2 that runs on IIS. It does workSmile

I'm making a webservice that will allow to use functions like browse all users, create/update/delete user.

It works perfectly when I run it from VS2012. But when I add it to IIS - only browse all users works... For other 'change' operations I get everytime 'false' as a result of call the dll function.

Does anybody have any ideas about the reason? Whe 'change' operations do not work from IIS?

Something about rights?...

Thank you
Mike Barber
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Time Traveler

Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)Time Traveler (666 reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What you are describing sounds like it might be a permissions issue. When IMail is Installed and configured it sets all of the web applications to run as Network Service, and it sets permissions on the system for that user. Try changing your application pool to run under that user and see if that fixes the issue.

Mike Barber
Senior Software Developer
Ipswitch, Inc
i-Kirby
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Forum Member

Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)Forum Member (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I sloved the problem by adding the rights for IIS-IUSR for the IMail folder.