Imail setup for Iphone and Blackberry

To the Ipswitch web site

Ipswitch Forums
Home      Members   Calendar   Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Imail setup for Iphone and BlackberryExpand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 12/3/2008 3:10:22 PM
Hello to all,

I have two users with an Iphone and a Blackberry.  They would like to setup their phones to receive emails from my Imail server.  I have tried to setup the Iphone but I keep getting the following message: "A SSL connection to the mail server could not be established."  I have tried to setup the incoming and outgoing server settings with my external IP address which points to my mail server.  I have also tried setting the incoming and outgoing servers with my "mail.domainname.com" but I keep getting the same error message. 

Another problem that is occurring with the Iphone is that when the user uses the internet on the Iphone to login to our webmail address, he connects fine and is able to compose an email, but when he tries to type in the body of the email, nothing happens as if it is an invalid field.  The crazy thing is that he is able to click on the "TO" field and type an email address.  He can also click on the "Subject" field and he can type a subject to the email.  When he tries to write in the body (as mentioned before) he cannot type anything. 

I am a novice user of the Iphone so I am sure that I am doing something wrong or I have something turned of on my Imail server that needs to be turned on.  Also, if the emails start to flow into the user’s phone, will they still be able to access those emails from their computers or will the emails only show up on their phones?  Thank you in advance for any suggestions given to this topic.

EF

Post #48189
Posted 6/8/2009 8:13:29 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: 5/8/2013 5:32:07 PM
Please review the following post.

http://forums.ipswitch.com/Topic48985-10-1.aspx?Highlight=iphone

John T
eServices For You

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." Ralph Waldo Emerson (1802-1882)

Post #53830
Posted 6/4/2010 12:44:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 6/4/2010 12:35:52 PM
I wondered if you had any luck getting iPhone to work remotely with imail (presumably earlier than v.11). I'm consulting for a company still using iMail 8 and I can get POP3 configured but can't configure IMAP on the phone at all. IMAP configures fine on the PC, for instance, with gmail. I got the same error messages you reported. Whomever responded to your post did not provide you with a very informative link to follow-up.

Thx.
Post #57306
Posted 6/4/2010 12:47:35 PM

Time Traveler

Time TravelerTime TravelerTime TravelerTime TravelerTime TravelerTime TravelerTime TravelerTime Traveler

Last Login: 9/9/2010 9:08:31 PM
I have been using IMAP on my iPhone since v 10.  Works just fine.

---

Travis Rabe

Post #57307
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This TopicExpand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.
Forum Moderators: Mark Singh, kevin r gillis, Tripp Allen, Jason Henline, mmulryan@ipswitch.com, mswimm, Brad Senter

PermissionsExpand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:55pm